How To Check Your Voicemail
The Voicemail tab displays your voicemail information, allows you to listen to your voicemail, and allows you to change voicemail settings. Note: You must set up your voicemail via a telephone, not from this Voicemail tab in your VCP.
The Voicemail tab allows you to:
- Listen to your voicemail from the VCP with an MP3 player, such as Windows Media Player or iTunes.
- Save voicemail messages indefinitely within the VCP. You can save messages to your local computer if you have chosen the email option, or by saving the MP3 file that’s played.
- Delete unwanted voicemail messages (they will disappear overnight).
- Set up delivery of voicemail to your email as an MP3 attachment or via RSS feed, or notification of voicemail to an alpha pager or via SMS to your mobile phone
The voicemail table has the following fields for each record:
- Listen, clicking which plays the Voicemail.
- Status – New, Played, Deleted or Saved.
- From Number – who left the voicemail
- Date, Time and Duration
- Checkbox – used to select voicemails to be Saves or Deleted. Click the upper right checkbox to select all voicemail records.
The capacity of your voicemail box and the length of time unsaved messages are kept are noted at the bottom of the screen.